Monday, June 23, 2014

Fighting our Way Back

Well we are fighting our way back from last summers tornado.
The yarden won't ever be the same, but I'm learning that it's okay. 
Different isn't bad, just different.
 
The quality isn't awesome on these, as I said before we have had
tons of rain and fog here all month.

In fact, the joke at work is "how do you like living in Seattle?"

Still, the plants seem to be doing all right, though I'm concerned about a few of the large pots
rotting from the bottoms because they are just too heavy for me to tip the water out!

The washtub was rescued from under the milk house roof last week.
It's not really that much worse for the wear.  We used to
use it for icing beverages for parties on the porch, but it's kind of funky in the bottom after sitting under the roof and hay bales for almost a year. 
So I got the brilliant idea to plant it. I'll take more pictures as those
sweet potato vines grow.  I have lots of confidence in them!
And as you see, they have Metro guarding them.
Yes, that's his name.  See, he is a....
Metro Gnome.
(sorry)
kind of.

White roses from my mothers front yard where I grew up.  They smell soooo wonderful.
You just can not imagine how lovely that aroma is.

And here is part of my Fathers Day project.
The big guy had to leave for Florida again at 6 am Fathers Day morning.
At around 10 am I got a tearful call from the oldest daughter.  One of their ferrets had died.
They knew it was coming and had talked to dad about burying her in our yard since
they live in an apartment.
He forgot to tell me.
So We made a nice little spot in one of the flower beds for Molly.
Since dad wasn't around, I pulled Father duty.
It's okay, I'm flexible like that.

1 comment:

  1. Your yard and flowers are looking great! Hope the rain gives you a little break for the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete